Friday, October 19, 2012

Hola dear friends,
   Well I am about 4 kilometers fromthe cathedral in Santiago.  After 
a long walk from Salceda I decided to walk into Santiago on Saturday 6 
weeks and 1 day from when I started in St Jean. It was a magical final 
day of walking  the countryside if Spain.  I am so grateful for the sun, 
blue skies and cool temperature. It was a perfect walking day and the 
forest  of trees with filtered sunlight felt like they were literally 
humming with vibration and the smell of pine and eucalyptus was intoxicating. 
The alburgue I stayed  in yesterday,  you know the one where  I couldn't 
figure out the shower, well while filming  The Way Martin sheen and Emilio 
esfevez stayed there and the owner was quite proud.  I'm sure they stayed 
In The hotel part and not the alburgue part with bunk beds.  The entire 
place was well done and a combination  of rustic and modern.  Spent the 
day reflecting on the past 6 weeks and this evening re reading my journal. 
I know this pilgrimage is really a beginning and not an ending.  Tomorrow 
is a ritual that marks a powerful intention and also is a launching pad for 
the mystery of the unknown.  I will get my Compostela certificate tomorrow 
and attend the pilgrims mass and let life  unfold from there. At this point 
I am tired and I don't have another 5 days of walking in me so I  might take 
a bus to Finisterre which is known as the end of the earth and spend a night 
there before walking to muxia which should take about 2 days.  I heard  from 
a couple of people that the walk to muxia is incredibly beautiful with the 
wild sea as your walking companion.  Sounds very appealing to me  But, one 
thing I learned on the Camino is that nothing is fixed, life is about 
movement on all levels.   So we'll see.   Okay off to bed to rest up for 
my next adventure tomorrow. Love  to you all. Embrace the day and your 
life.  Camille in and on the Camino. 

5 comments:

  1. Camille, Are you staying at the huge albergue at Mont Del Gozo? I wanted to stay there but friends had another idea, so I missed it. If that's where you are, be prepared for me to grill you as to what it is like. I've heard so many conflicting reports.
    Well, almost there. Shed a few tears for me when you enter the Cathedral. Accept your Compostela with pride. Enjoy the old town and all its funky little shops. God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Camille,

    All I can say is--you are absolutely one of the most amazing people I have ever known--anywere and anytime! I love you, miss you, and am unbelievably proud of you. Overused, but right now so very true---YOU GO GIRL!!! Much Love and Many Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Dreams Dear friend and blessed awakening to the new day. What an accomplishment and of course the adventure continues. Must say there are many of us who are more than a little happy that your adventure will soon continue back here. Hugs, Your Sol Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry and I have been right there with you and will especially be with you as you enter Santiago! Thank you so much for bringing the camino to us! Blessings to you Camille! Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete