Wednesday, October 3, 2012


Hola dear ones,  what a beautiful day in Spain. 
The weather has been amazing with very beautiful 
fluffy clouds and blue blue sky. There is a chill 
in the air and I am grateful for my fleece.  I 
decided to stay an extra day in mansilla to allow 
my feet and tendonitis to rest and heal.  Laura the 
hospitelero of the alburgue I'm staying in  is 
hilarious and a whiz with blisters and the other 
Hospitalero who is a volunteer is a gifted massage 
and acupuncturist.  Wow is right. So needless  to 
say I had my feet tweaked and my body and spirit 
soothed.  Laura who has been running this alburgue 
for many years gave me permission to stay on an extra 
day.  They typically want you to move on as these 
facilities are very cheap in price 5 euros and not 
a hotel for people to get a good deal  i now refer 
to bunkbeds as. A Hershey park amusement ride. If you 
get a flipper in  the top bunk you get you rides worth. 
I have been out and about and am now sitting  by the 
river in the sun writing and reading  and generally 
listening to the gentle song of the river and the birds.  
I will  begin to wander my way back to the alburgue to 
see if  I can be of any help when they get busy. I also 
have to do some laundry while the sun is still hot. 
Tomorrow I will head to Leon visit the cathedral and 
move on instead of Staying  an extra day in the city. 
If all goes well I imagine I will reach Santiago in 
about 2 1/2 weeks. That should also give me time to 
continue to Finisterre and muxia before i have to leave 
for Madrid on 11/3 for my flight back on 11/4. Amazing 
how the steps add up.   Much love  to you all and 
embrace the day I know I am.  :). 
Camille in and on the Camino

 

5 comments:

  1. Hola back at ya! What a Full of Wonder journey! Have so enjoyed your posts. We all miss you at 7:30am! Stay warm over there and see you in Nov! Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille -- So glad that you found Mansilla and Laura welcoming -- a perfect place to rest those weary feet and to catch up with yourself. Difficult to imagine that in a month you will be flying back here, enriched by your experiences. May God bless you with a good night's sleep and lovely walk to Leon tomorrow (though the last few kilometers of that walk will be through the urban "concrete jungle." Oh well, that is part of the experience also.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - glad you were able to rest your feet and take some time to be quiet and reflective. Safe journey as you travel on. With you every step. Love to you, blessings as you move forward and walk another day. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Camille,

    I have been reading all your blogs and your writing is so beautiful. It feels like I am right there with you.... because i am. I watched The Way again this past Saturday night and had a good cry and laugh. I am so happy for all the experiences your having and my heart misses you dearly. Take care of them toes. Big hug sweet Camille I am sooooo proud of you.
    BIG LOVE on the wind to you
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola, mi amiga! Happy to know you wisely took a day for Camille and rested those barking dogs! I am with you, always, in spirit.
    Ed Sees Sun Birth

    ReplyDelete