Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hola everyone,  I started putting  the days on my post because I forget what day it is. My plan was to walk from Cacabelos to La portela de valcarce but I kept running into old Camino friends in Villafranca and then a visit to the grocery store and before you know it  time elusive time moved on.  Not  to worry. I stopped in Trabadelo at a very nice municipal alburgue with only 3 bunk beds per room great showers and a kitchen, so I am enjoying a cup of tea.  Today's walk was nothing short of amazing. Words are so limiting to describe vistas that undulate from mountain to mountain. I decided to take the Recommended route that is steep with vistas and not as much road walking.  Alot of people take the route through the valley but if  given a choice and my body is cooperative I choose the more scenic route.  It was strenuous today. Imagine  flat rock in colonel Denning times 5 Up and up. And then down and down.  Amazing chestnut groves busting with chestnuts. How sad when I think of he blight. It was chestnut trees that were affected by the blight right ?   Anyway these old growth groves feel so gentle and peaceful. It's not a feeling I have often felt when in the presence of producing fruit orchards.  Of course I haven't walked through many apple orchards for hours either. Mmmmmm. Maybe an Adams county stroll in my future  I also walked through more vineyards today but it appears they are harvesting or have already harvested because there aren't many grapes hanging around and I know the pilgrims did not eat them all.   Today I also saw my first rainbow that was actually on the trees and ground. I was up so high it didn't even make it into the sky. I was stunned and very impressed !!!!  I was walking Alone on the trail for quite some time after I left Villafranca and then out of nowhere a young man appears and he is from Lancaster.  Okay now we pause to sing it's a small world.  He was moving much faster than I and moved  on but we are staying at the same alburgue. I also ran into Phillip the young German man I met awhile back and mentioned in my blog  He looked great and is healing his blisters and doing fine.  It is so uplifting to reconnect with people, although we move on and don't know if we will reconnect again.  It really does bring impermanence into play. Oh and my Italian friend Valentina is here a well. We were at the great alburgue owned by the husband and wife I talked about awhile back.  So you can see  the ebb and flow of the Camino, Both inward and outward.   This town is next to a busy highway so I am having 81 and turnpike moments. It was ver odd to be up so high today and hear traffic an see the highway below, but life is contrasts and it is evident everywhere.  Well tomorrow I hope to start my journey through Galicia which has a rich Celtic influence. My irish genes and bones are already vibrating.  I will hold all you Irish friends close and send added blessings your way. You non celts will get extra blessing as well. Love to you all and embrace the day.  Camille on and in the Camino.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Guess I have to put Trabadelo on my list of albergues not to miss next time I walk the Camino. Tomorrow you head up up up the mountain to O'Cebreiro at which point you will be LESS THAN 100 MILES from Santiago. How far you have come; how blessed you have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day, dear Camille! I would love to see the grove of chestnut trees. The rainbow was a gift for you, a connection from above to Mother Earth. And, I notice the men drawing near to you are now younger: "young man from Germany", "young man from Lancaster"! :) Thank you for this wonderful gift of sharing your journey; I am blessed with each reading. Love you! Ed SSB

    ReplyDelete