Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hola from the Camino i am in a great alburgue in Sarria once again 
via Camino travel agent Gerri. This place is gorgeuous stone and 
tile and sky lights and very old. It rained most of today so this 
is my first wet walking day. In the past the rain was intermittent 
or misty and then cleared. welcome to lovely green and wet Galicia. 
At one point you just say I'm wet and I can't get wetter  so why 
not stop and take that photo?   And I did because it was like i was 
walking down a hobbit tunnel of green moss and gnarly trees with 
white  crystal rocks everywhere.  Definitely a high energy place. 
Right now I would pay money to sit in front of a fireplace. It is 
damp and cold and still raining but all in all this has been an 
amazing Camino weather wise.  The last 2 days were so beautiful 
that a little rain is to be expected.  I had a great dinner 
last evening with Kim from Texas and then Theresa from Colorado 
joined us and we almost closed the place. In fact we were the 
last pilgrims in the place at 10. Waaaay late for us pilgrims. 
There was a large  table of local folks having a late  dinner 
and they wanted to know where we were from which led to lots of 
bantering and gesturing until we took leave after 10. I didn't 
think our alburgue closed the door at any particular time  but 
most  do have a curfew and a lights out time at night as well 
as a lights on time in the morning. Luckily I did not get locked 
out for being such a wild woman:). Tomorrow I will walk to 
Portomarin around 25 K. If I continue following the guide book 
I should arrive in Santiago by Friday or Saturday. Wow. Hard to 
believe.  This is an old Celtic medieval town I would like to 
explore a bit before dinner if it isn't still raining.  Drink a 
hot cup of tea for me and know you are loved. 
Camille on and in the Camino. Embrace the day. All of it :)
 

9 comments:

  1. Camille, I am, indeed, drinking a cup of hot tea as I read today's post. Enjoy your climb up to Alta Paramo tomorrow, the downhill to the river, the LONG bridge, and then the STEPS UP to the town itself. A beautiful walk. You'll pass the 100 kilometer marker with all its funky fetishes -- yet another photo opportunity. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George and I stayed at the best place last evening! YOUR HOUSE!!! All is fine there but it made me miss you even more! Was strange that we were there and you weren't! Thanks again for your continuing generosity!
    Love reading about all your experiences and can't wait to see you and your pictures!
    Be Love Be Light Be Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola back to you Dear One, If the " Globe Trekker" needs a new correspondent, I don't think they have to look too far.I'm not surprised about your chicken encounter, just that it took this long. I can only imagine all of the mixed emotions about this phase of your journey coming to an end and your return home. So many of us are eager to welcome you back and hear even more about your trip. Your insights and experiences shared about this part of sweet Mother Earth has blessed all of us. As you walk thru the Celtic area of Spain,as the Irish say; " Safe Home" Love and miss you, ALL the Sheedys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drinking tea and smiling. Love the descriptions of what you are seeing on the trail. Love to you my friend, Rob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camille,
    Just a little note to let you know I have been following your blogs and love them! I think that it is quite amazing that you tackled this incredible journey. Stay safe and continue to enjoy.

    Your cousin,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Camille.
    I found Connie on the other side of the Iron Cross, in front of the odd Albergue without power. I stayed with her a bit and then pushed on. There's a nice walk in front of you yet. I'm already on the way out of Spain and hit the UK tomorrow. Don't forget a tube for your compostella at the pilgrim traps in Santiago! Love from Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camille, loving your blog & to read all about your camino adventures! [wanted to tell you - still following you along the blog/walk.] Enjoy the rest of your journey with lovely times ahead; be safe in your travels luv U!(& can't wait to see you) geo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Camille! Just wanted to let you know I continue to follow your journey and at times am carried off in imagining it all... you are a terribly good blogger.. I can feel the sun, wind, cold, rain and all that comes with it! Thank you!Stay safe! Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Cecilia ! I can feel your trip too! I have mapped out our walk and it is awsome to se how far you have come and how little there is to go. Know that you are loved! Thank You For taking us with you until we can do our own walk.
    Journey Well !
    wendy and Lou

    ReplyDelete