Saturday, September 8, 2012


Hello everyone.  I am in Roncevalles at an old renovated hospital that has stone floors and it is obvious alot of history.  We just got here and I haven´t had time to look up any history, but google roncevalles, Spain.  This is our second day walking the Camino and the scernary is unbelievable as are my fellow pilgrims.  We walked through the pyrnnees and the Basque country of France.  The sheep and horses run free with bells around their necks.  Walking affords me a luxury of taking it all in with my senses that will help keep the memories with me forever.  Blue blue skies, not a cloud.  Soaring Birds, although I´m not sure what kind, up hill up hill and thern there is more uphill.   We walked through woods of beech trees that had soft spongy soil, we walked through grassy plans and we walked. 
    The people I´ve met are from all over the world and there are different languages being spoken all around me.   Everyone is kind and willing to help.  I am blessed to be here.  An amazing experiece that I recommend to anyone.  Tonight we will go to be blessed at the pilgrims mass and  then have dinner.  It is usually bedtime by 9 or 9:30 as we are up early and packing to walk.  The ryhtym of the morning is taking some used to, but I love my best friend my pack and we are learning each others ways. 
   that´s all for now as I am almost out of time on the computer.  it is more difficult than I thought to get information back to you.  Take care all and much love   Camille on the Camino

5 comments:

  1. Roncesvalles is famous in history and legend for the defeat of Charlemagne and the death of Roland in 778, during the battle of Roncevaux Pass, when Charlemagne's rear guard was destroyed by Basque tribes. I copied and pasted that! Dominic achieved his Green Belt in TKD today! Also, he is now wearing glassed. Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pictures please! Remember to just put one foot in front of the other. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am imagining your surroundings. Sounds really wonderful. Blessings! <3 Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camille and Gay -- It was just three months ago that I slept where you are sleeping tonight. Believe me, I am reliving the experience through your posts. So glad you experienced the blue skies, and you might as well get used to the sun -- there is very little shade for the next 800 kilometers. Bet you are having a terrific time getting to know all the fellow perigrinos -- those who speak English and those who don't.
    As far as posting, set your I-phone up to get Wi-Fi and you shouldn't have to use the computers in the albergues very often, nor will you have to pay for the data transmission. ALWAYS ask the hospitaljero if the place has Wi-Fi. It is not usually posted and you'll need the password.
    So, is it Zubriri tomorrow? Or maybe some town not quite so far? Are your feet aching yet? Maybe you need a good massage:)

    Where ever you go, take your time. Enjoy the rhythm of the Camino.

    Buen Dia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving reading your blog! Experiencing the Camino through your adventure and hopefully I will walk it one day! Thinking of you! Jerry

    ReplyDelete