Monday, September 24, 2012


Hi   
Life is good an I am so grateful my body is holding up.  We are in Burgos the first big city since Pamplona.  We decided to stay an extra day to visit the cathedral and rest.  It seems very odd to not be walking, especially since it is such a beautiful day here, cool and breezy. I am sitting on a bench in a city park. The siesta time should be ending soon and I might be able to pick up a few things.  The cathedral here was magnificent and the antiquity of the art  and sculptures beyond description.  I was a bit overwhelmed.  It seems odd not to be walking and I miss it. Connie our walking buddy we met in St Jean with the bad feet  decided to take  a bus past the meseta the high open plain and try to walk a slower  pace to Santiago. We might   catch up with her at some point.  We keep running into people we've met at various places.   There are alot of people with injuries and i am so grateful for my strength and stamina. I  will never take that for granted again.  We were also blessed at the beginning of our journey.  We had picture perfect weather over the Pyrnees when people who started a couple of days after us had rain no visibility and  were falling and sliding on  the  path love Camille

3 comments:

  1. Our bodies are, indeed, marvelously created. May yours continue to provide the stamina and strength necessary for your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments are an inspiration to me and I feel blessed to be reading about your journey. My two daughters, my nephew and I will be doing our walk in May. Buenos Camino

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camille, we talked about your journey tonight at our monthly meeting. Everyone was so amazed at all that you are accomplishing ! We all wish you the best and everyone looks forward to hearing about The Way when you return. Stay strong dear friend.

    ReplyDelete