Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hola dear ones,
We made it from Los Arcos to Viana today a total of approximately 12 miles.  We thought we would have a shorter day today due to the long hot day yesterday, but we arrived at our first destination way to early in the day to call it quits for the day and besides we were feeling frisky. Well, by the time we made Viana today, frisky would not be a word I would use.  We left at 7:15 and arrived around 1:00.  The reason we were so frisky in the morning was base solely on fear of the harsh sun.  We wanted to get as many miles under our belt as possible before the heat of the day and the beating sun was upon us.  Soaking the bandanas, my new best friend, helped alot.  
Here are some ramblings about today.  It never ceases to amaze me when I am depleted, run ragged and generally feeling exhaused that something appears to lighten my load.  All along the Camino on the path, there have been copious amounts of raspberry bushes.  And yes, they are ripe.  Stopping to feast a bit on the berries is such a delight and they taste soooo sweet.  There must have been a bad fire in the vinyards walking between these two towns as they charred remains of vines and underbursh and in some cases a house, was evident in numerous places.  The contrast once again was the new vines growing along side the burned out section.  Okay I have to go know I will give another intallment when I get some more change.  Love me

No comments:

Post a Comment