Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hola.,
Some of my lessons on the Camino. Seem to come from technology.  One moment all is well and the next nothing works.  It has been hot hot hot here. With temps at 32 celsius or around 90 degrees F.  The sun has been harsh and we walked 13 miles today with little or no shade.  Yesterday I gained a while new respect for the sun as I think I suffered a bit of heat exhaustion.   We stayed in Estrella in a large alburge that aha about 32 beds in it. I think because I looked so spent the host if the Refugio Sao she a small private room witha bunk bed.  I was grateful even when the small private room turned out to be a corner of the room separates by plywood and open the the ceiling.  We do have our own door and it afforded ne some much needs privacy as I was spent.  Connie and gay went out die dinner and I remained in my roo
Ti recuperate.  Apparently it worked as I was able Ti finish the walk today and feel fine albeit tired.  As day 9 ends I realize more and more the enormity if this pilgrimage. One of the harshest sections is to come called the Maseta. Almost a high desert. We plan to walk in the middle of the night ti avoid the heat.  But that isn'tfor awhile yet so we have more time to prepare.    Sorry about my spelling.  The self correct takes over sometimes.   I might get on a computer thus evening sometime, but nit sure.  We are tired. Ready for food and early bed.   Yesterday when I was feeling tired and depleted and we were passing through a small town. I heard happy birthday wafting through an open window with blended adult and children's voices.   The melody and sentiment the same only the language different.   Will right more later.  Thanks for your love and support.  Camille on the Camino  

Sent from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. Eastern market today... We bought Romanesca variety of cauliflower, fresh corn, andouille sausage and big portabella mushrooms. We also picked up Dominic's trumpet today! Lots of booming notes from our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading and loving your entries everyday. It is so nice to walk this journey with you. Tell Gay hello and love to you both! xo Mitch, going to use my trail name from now on to respond to your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camille and Gay -- I remember that Spanish heat when I was there in June and July -- relentless under those crystal blue skies with nary a cloud to be seen. I found, however, that the meseta was not as bad as I had anticipated. There was often a light breeze blowing and the scenery was astounding!!! So, continue on, my friends. Follow those bright yellow arrows, and don't hesitate to take a day off when you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, dear sister--mighty warrior.Can't help but hear the life metaphor this pilgrimage is. You have made it many times. Know we love you,pray for you, and cheer you on each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Camille, Love your blogs. We are with you, in spirit, and prayers, daily. You are doing well, you will be OK because you are aware of how you feel and adjusting as needed. Stay strong; this is an awesome experience that we are sharing because of you including us in your experience. We love you! Ed & Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear brave sister, what a mighty spirit you are! Adapting and strategizing! You are very good at this! I am holding you in my heart, and trusting that you are really listening to your body, and knowing when to ease up. I'm thankful that grace is following you, in the form of little mercies! We all are walking with you, every single day, cheering you on! Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete