Sunday, September 30, 2012


Hola friends,  all is well here in sunny Spain. Today, 
Sunday , was an incredibly beautiful day made even more 
beautiful by the full moon this morning. I made an effort 
to start walking this morning while it was still  dark and 
I could walk on the Meseta in Spain under the light of the 
full moon. Pinch me now. Is this for real?  It was glorious.  
And as the moon was setting, the sun was rising. I am 
grateful and blessed and I don't think one can say that 
often enough.  I walked from Calzadilla de la Cueza  to 
Sahagun. A total of about 22.5 k or about 13 miles.  When 
I stopped along the path to admire the sunset a guy I saw 
in the Alburgue stopped to take it in as well and we ended 
up walking  together all day.  I love meeting people on 
the Camino because there is an instant bond and everyone 
has a story.  Brett lives in Virginia back from Louisiana 
after retiring from the military at 40.  He is a consummate 
traveler and will be living in Santiago after he finishes 
his Camino until march.  It was delightful day made even 
more so by the chatting we did from philosophy to politics.  
At one of the crossroads before we got into the city there 
was a man handing out flyers about an alburgue b we took one 
and decided to check it out because it had a kitchen and I 
have been walking with some heavy canned tuna , tomatoes, 
onion and olives I needed to eat.  So we stopped and from 
the outside I thought oh no this is going to be way too 
expensive.   Wrong !!! It was a large room with bunkbeds 
fir 7 euros. The hotel part for a private room was more but 
for pilgrims in bunkbed mode it is great. Clean great showers 
and 4 of them to boot.   I am a happy camper.  Tomorrow 
leaving here and probably walking to Calzadilla de Los 
Hermanillos or El Burgo Ranero.  Have to go now.  Will 
right more later.   Love Camille on the Camino.  Carpe Diem


3 comments:

  1. Hi Camille. At the halfway point I checked my figures and decided that I'd slacked off too much. so I've done 40k's today and 32 yesterday. I'm currently in Leon. :( I probably won't run into you and the girls again unless you all bus it. My webpage got updated last night though. :) Regards Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious sounds like the PERFECT word. Are you hiking alone some? Politics on the Camino. Maybe the only way to have a sane discussion. :) Blessings and love. Got the book about the Camino yesterday that Pam had. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Millie,
    your blog is spectacular....so love the vivid descriptions, you are quite something my friend! Nothing short of inspirational!......Enjoy your time and keep happy feet!
    love and xos
    Carla

    ReplyDelete