Sunday, September 16, 2012

Okay I´m back, I got some more change.  You get 15 minutes on a computer for 50 euro, and it is faster for me than typing on my iphone.   The walk today had a different beauty.  Harsh in one way, almost similiar to the South West with mountain ranges in the distance.  When I see those I wonder if I will be crossing them at some point.   Another lesson is to alway look back from way you´ve been and then turn around and move forward.  It is amazing to look behind and see how far we´ve walked.  There are numerous times when you can see the trail and pilgrims strung out all along  in the distance.  Yesterday in Los Arcos I went to the local catherdral in the square and was in awe of its beauty.  Very very ornate with gold filigree everywhere.  I went to the special Pilgrims mass where they call up all the pilgrims walking the Camino and the priest offers a blessing for our safe journey.  When I first when into the church the bells were pealing and the plaza was full of locals and pilgrims dining outside and when I came out an hour later it was still packed with people.  The alburgue we stayed in last evening was Okay, but Connie a woman from Canada who has joined Gay and I on our walk, was bitten with bed bugs.  I didn´t have any bites, but today I sprayed my sleeping bag with a rather aromatic organic spray.  Awhile ago I went out to try to use the pay phone to call my mother, yes they still have them, of which I am grateful as att has failed me, and after we stopped to have some refreshment at a bar.  There were three of us sitting at a table with our feet on chairs and an empty table beside us with chairs.   A local man obviously enjoying his large Brandy looked at that tabel and then went over to sit on the ledge across the walk.  I motioned for him to sit at that table and of course he assumed I was asking him to join us.  !!!  Oh dear,  Camille and her friendly ways.  It was harmless and he eventually got the message when we let him know we were planning our next day and couldn´t speak Spainish, but it was funny, be picking up old geezers in Spain.     Another image was at the end of our walk down through the old city, tired, looking for the albergue, plodding along and I look up and there is this lovely little girl in a beautiful dress blowing bubbles.  I asked her and her mother if I could take a photo and they graciously agreed.  Ah, the world is truly small and glorious.  Thank you all for your kind words, your well wishes and your support.  Knowing your thoughts  and love are wafting my way puts wind in my sails.  Love to you all,  Camille on the Camino

7 comments:

  1. Hello dear sister, Beautiful stories! Also, per your request , At&t reviewed your account, and can see no error, however, they gave an international tech support # you should get results with. It is +1(916)843-4685. You can call it from pay phone, any type of phone. Also they suggest taking sim card out, check to be sure it is gold in color, not brown, and then reinsert. Also texts will cost you 50 cents per text, with 1 text = < 160 characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille -- Ya gotta stop trying to pick up old men in Spain. Find a young, rich guy instead!!!!
    Looks like you're getting close to Santo Domingo. Don't miss the Casa del Santo albergue operated by the Spanish confraternity. A great place to sleep. It will be on your right side as you enter town, not the one on the left side that you come to first. Oh, and the best grocery store in that town is about a kilometer before the albergue. I believe it is a DIA market. Stock up before you crash for the day in the albergue. And, of course, ya have to see the rooster and learn the rooster story while you're there.
    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched The Way last night and loved it!! Sad storyline but amazing to see the beautiful sights and know that you have either been there already or will be there within the weeks to come. Love to read your posts, take care and Buen Camino!! Love Armanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dear One, Your writing makes us feel as if we are there with you. Sending you lots of love, stay safe,Cheryl & George

    ReplyDelete
  5. We (your packmates) are journeying with you. Keeping you in our prayers and thoughts. It sounds like you are getting in touch with a pure life ~Trish (Dancing Owl Feathers). The wonders of the world sound like they are awakening your senses. May spirit continue to touch you and provide with energy and strength. Love ya, Gina (Wisdom Keeper)
    Leave the old guys alone, please, or, at last learn Spanish! If you want an old guy, I'll be here when you get home, AND, I speak English!! Love you, Ed (Sees Sun Birth)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Pilgrim,
    How glad I am to know of your journey! Thank you for taking me along via your words. I am so proud of you for undertaking this quest. You go girl! I look forward to the continued unfolding of the journey. Godspeed to you and Gail. White light around you.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your blog Millie,
    you are giving us our own journey with beautiful descriptions of all you do and encounter!
    sending you blessings and good energy everyday!
    love and xo's
    Carla

    ReplyDelete